Customer Care with AI – In the era of “customer centricity”, the value of customer care service is measured by the ability to generate customer satisfaction and loyalty.
The panel of Customer Care Executives interviewed by CCW – Contact Center Week, in the report “The Future of Contact Center”, identifies 4 actionable areas of action:
- Map and orchestrate the customer journey;
- ensure a multi-channel user experience, without interruption between one channel and another;
- improve the quality of the user experience through digital channels;
- use AI technologies to support customer care and operator productivity.
On this last point, in particular, 46.15% of respondents argue that solutions such as “AI chatbots” can bring significant results within the customer care strategy.
The increasing sophistication of Conversational AI solutions, in fact, leads to an increase in the level of service and a better relationship with the customer.
AI Customer Care: implementing a successful project.
To ensure a successful implementation it is important to keep in mind three fundamental points:
- Implementing conversational AI solutions at the right point of the customer journey: the proactive engagement of the bot must be in line with the user’s navigation path and with the needs that may arise at that time; Furthermore, it is a good idea to place the virtual assistant in the areas of the site with the greatest traffic to ensure an optimal return on investment.
- Train the bot with a quality knowledge base in order to speed up learning times and optimize the quality of response: the bot’s performance also depends on the ability to customize the knowledge base according to the business and users’ profile.
- Adopt a continuous improvement approach: let the bot growing with your business. The data on customer conversations and the miss management functionality (meaning “lost” messages, that are not understood by the bot) allow you to constantly improve the performance of the virtual assistant.
Big companies are hiring “chatbot coordinators”: a professional role in charge of monitoring the conversations between customers and the virtual assistant to continuously update the knowledge base, refine the intentions and related responses of the bot and design new conversational flows.
For example, CRAFTER.AI ™ integrates the “miss messages” management functionality in the “Improve” step of the platform. In this way, even companies that do not have a “chatbot coordinator” can benefit from this fundamental step.
CUSTOMER CARE with ai: A virtuous circle
Customer Care with AI – If the conversational AI agent does not work properly, it will end up generating frustration in the customer, who in turn will pour out his negative approach on the agent, who will not be able to provide the expected level of service because the AI is not collecting the data necessary for the process, and so on…
If, on the other hand, the customer has a good user experience with the chatbot, he will likely choose the virtual assistant for future needs, providing functional user data to the company and reducing live contact requests volumes.
The role of AI does not obscure the role of the operator who remains a fundamental point of contact for customers that need live assistance, but rather, Conversational AI triggers a virtuous circle where the virtual assistant contributes to workloads optimization and provides customers’ insights data that help agents with their job.
You may like: