We are in that time of the year in which we look back at what has been done in the previous months and list the good proposals for the coming year.
One fact is certain: artificial intelligence is transforming markets and organizations of all sizes, so much so that the market value of chatbots and virtual assistants, estimated at $2.9 billion in 2022, will exceed $10 billion by 2026 (Market&Markets).
WHAT ARE 2023 innovation GOOD PROPOSALS?
Let’s take a look at the forecast for 2023, following the Analytics Insights conversational AI trends chart.
- At the first place we find the ability to listen and anticipate needs.
Good innovation is the one that starts from listening to your interlocutors. The integration of predictive analytics technologies and data sources, as well as advances in NLP, will soon allow companies to have an internal awareness of their consumers’ needs and to benefit from the relative competitive advantage.
2. In second place we find the growing ability of virtual assistants to understand (cognitive chatbots), thanks to advances in the field of natural language processing (NLP) and natural language generation (NLG). Virtual agents will understand more and more deeply the context of a discussion and they will be able to hold entire dialogues with their users.
3. In third place, we find the centrality of the voice element, which determines the increase and a greater diffusion of “voicebot” solutions.
4. In fourth place is the role of artificial intelligence as a technology to support and not replace people’s work.
5. This is also reflected in the trend in fifth position: the combination of the classification of intents with business processes.
Indeed, the application of AI within the organization’s current workflows will be significant. Conversational AI will simply and seamlessly integrate into all business operations and processes, both for consumers and employees, becoming a permanent component of the organization.
6. In sixth place, we find the ability to aggregate the conversational experience into a single personalized and omni-channel experience, which will facilitate the collaboration between business functions (sales, marketing and customer care) to benefit customer experience thanks to a tailor-made service.
7. In seventh place is the integrability of conversational AI within IOT and augmented reality projects. With the emergence of B2C conversational AI solutions, the potential of solutions designed for the mass market audience, but also for patients and citizens, is growing.
8. In eighth place is the ability of virtual assistants to “read” the interlocutor’s profile, to establish a relationship and offer a personalized conversation experience.
For example, Crafter.ai virtual assistants can be integrated with PortrAIt, the psychometric profiling technology which makes it possible to detect more than 80 psychometric traits of the interlocutor and to adapt the language and tones of the answers.
9. In ninth place, we find the increase in the use of AI within contact centers, with the aim of replacing the obsolete IVR to reduce costs and optimize the service.
10. Finally in tenth place, the ranking is completed by the ability to use Conversational AI to automate and facilitate direct payment transactions via chat.
Borrowing what was stated by Forrester Research, we can conclude that artificial intelligence is destined to become an indispensable workmate, within organizations of all sizes.
Forrester data shows that 46% of decision makers within companies will be looking for reliable technology partners to implement artificial intelligence solutions that are fundamental to their business… we at Athics aim to accredit ourselves between these 😉